Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ethnos Assignment

So i got the ok to go ahead and start organizing the little project that i'd mentioned to y'all.
The idea is to sign up for a specific date/passage/theme, study it on your own, and create a photo montage that can be used at the gathering that represents what you found/God has been showing you. Most likely it will be used as a backdrop while Dave/whoever else is teaching, but that seems to be flexible also if you had a different vision for your sunday.

Upcoming weeks include:
Nov 9- Matt 9:1-13 Jesus Will Forgive
Nov 16- Matt 9:14-17 Tradition or Celebration
Nov 23- Matt 9:18-34 Healing & Faith
Nov 30- Philippians 3:12-16 Focused On The Cross
Dec 7- Matthew 9:35-10:15 Harvesters Commissioned
Dec 14- Matthew 10:16-42 The Difficulty Ahead

It would be great if we could sign up here so that we can let Dave/the sacred space team know what we are thinking.

Thoughts? Questions? Etc?

7 comments:

ashby said...

sorry Ray Ray...I think this is a GREAT idea and I hope someone volunteers, but I am a) teaching in November and b) totally overwhelmed by my life right now and not feeling up to adding more ethnos stuff at the moment.

rachel said...

There is really no need to apologize to me.
It was just an idea i had that i thought you guys seemed to be excited about. But if i misread your collective response, i will just go ahead and participate once a month or so myself.We are not committed to anything, nor is anyone expecting a consistent addition to the gathering. It was just a way for us to use our gifts to serve the body of Christ.
Saying that, i will continue to list opportunities as they arise for our little group here and you all can join or not join as you are led and have time to do so.

Angie said...

I will have to give it some thought, look over the passages, see if any amazing ideas crash wildly through my photographic brain center, and let you know. So many things I want to do and so little time to do everything. But this is one of them that I want to make time to do, somehow.

Unknown said...

I would love to do Focused on the Cross. I'll start brainstorming it and going out when I have time to shoot some stuff (with my camera, not the gun...)

rachel said...

Great Zac- we'll put you down for 11/30. I think the best way to do it would be to put your pics in a power point pres. But we can brainstorm other viable options if that won't work.
Any thoughts clubbers?

Unknown said...

powerpoint would be good. That way small captions and verses could be more easilly put on there too. Get really creative with it.

rachel said...

Please note the schedule has changed. I will update soon the upcoming theme opportunities.