Hey everybody,
Dave and I were at the Grotto earlier today. The bottom portion, the cathedral, the cave and the stations of the cross are free, and there's an elevator to the upper portion is 3.50 or 2.50 (though I'm not sure what the difference is, maybe kids?)
So, what do you guys think about going out that direction soon?
Zac
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
sounds real fun. when?
What time works for the most people? I know right now some people are on vacation and that sort of thing, so maybe next month sometime when people get a chance to come back, and a friday or saturday would work best. Thoughts?
Perhaps Friday the 3rd?
I've been wanting to head over there for forever.
Anne and I were talking about a camping trip on the third, but financial considerations might postpone that for a bit, I'll talk to her and see what's going on there.
3rd works for me. let me know!
It looks like that's Anne's three day weekend, so rescheduling would be difficult. Is there any way we could go the following friday (the 10th?)
Friday, July 10, works great for me. One thing worth mentioning is that it is the first day on the calendar for the 'Co-ed Backpacking Trip'. I don't really know anything about that, but I do know that Emiko is planning/leading it.
I am not going backpacking... I think if this many of us are free, we should go shooting! (there is NOTHING on my calendar for the 10th. it is miraculous. let's go.)
The 10th it is. It's a date. Set in cardboard... or something. Ready... aim... shoot!
Just occured to me, we have a date, but not a time. How does 11 sound? Assuming that the weather is good, that should give us good light without having to get up too early.
This many? Meaning 3. Anywho i may be able go that morning. Depends on Sierra's tournament schedule. I'll have to let you know when it comes out.
We're currently planning to go on the backpacking trip. :(
So Sierra has a morning game and an afternoon game that day, so i may or may not be able to sneak away and join you for a bit. Depends on how i finagle my childcare and her transportation to the games. I'll let you know when i figure it out.
OR maybe those who can't go on the tenth and CAN go on the third could go with me this Fri. (whatcha think Ang, Em, Linds, uh.. am i forgetting someone?) That would definitely be less stressful. And then maybe a dip in the pool after...
I will see if I have childcare. I think Wes has the day off. Can I invite a new aquaintance? A friend of my new sister in law?
I think the more the merrier. :) That would be wonderful, Angie.
Okay, *grrr*, here's the deal. Anne got a flat tire today, sucked out money she wasn't expecting to spend, so the camping trip has been unexpectedly cancelled, SO... this friday is now completely open (I'M SO SORRY TO DO THIS TO YOU GUYS), so whatever you guys want to do, I'm officially available and game.
oh silly Zac.
I am sitting at noon on Friday (the 3rd). you all have fun though!
I think Linds and I are going to head down to volunteer at NCO at nine this friday and then maybe meet at my place around 11:20ish to head to the Grotto. So i think that would put us getting there a little before noon.
Not sure yet for me because it's Drewie's b'day! Since I already have a really full/busy weekend, I feel kind of bad leaving him on his actually b'day, especially since he has the day off. However, in saying that, he is also leaving me to go play golf with a buddy of his and wants to go for a run and wants to lay out in the sun... none of which really includes me... did I just vent? Not meaning to... Anyway, all that to say: 60/40 at this pt.
Okay, so here's the directions for anybody who doesn't know how to get to the Grotto.
From beaverton:
Get on 26E
Stay in the right lane to get onto 405N
Stay middle/right lane to take the exit onto I-5N/I-84E
Merge onto I-84E towards the dalles
Take Exit 8 onto I-205N
Take Exit 23B (Killingsworth)
Stay in the left lane and go straight through the traffic light, onto Sandy Blvd.
You will see the sign for the grotto on the left.
Post a Comment